As you probably know Iâ€™m a tad obsessed with questions. I have even written two posts,Â 7 Killer Life Coach QuestionsÂ andÂ 20 Awesome Self Development QuestionsÂ in the last year or two just to ram home my point.
As a Life Coach, questions are at the core of what I do and if I canâ€™t ask questions that will shift a clients thinking then Iâ€™m not doing my job properly.
Simply put, the quality of the questions you ask yourself will dictate the quality of your life.
Recently as I was driving to Yoga I was passed by a woman doing about 60mph in a 40mph zone. She had two small kids in the back of her SUV and for the 2 or 3 seconds it took her to pass me, not once did she look at the road.
She was way too busy texting.
About half a mile later I pulled alongside her at some traffic lights and she was still wrapped up with something on her phone. Maybe she wasnâ€™t texting, maybe she was actually developing an iPhone app or directing brain surgery to a medical colleague, I really have no idea.
I had a huge urge to roll my window down and shout â€œDo you hate your kids?â€
I figured that would snap her state and maybe help her realize that she wasnâ€™t just putting her own life and anybody unfortunate enough to be near her at risk, but her kids too.
I didnâ€™t though, I just sat there and gawped at her in disbelief and for about the millionth time thought â€œWhen are they going to make this insanity illegal in Florida?â€
As I continued on my drive I started thinking about questions again and the fact that most of us ask pretty crap questions of ourselves and as a result get pretty crap answers.
It reminded me of the joke that if Sarah Palin is the answer then it must have been a pretty dumb question in the first place.
So I thought why not drag dead Dobbin back out for another damn good flogging and regale you with 50 of the finest life changing questions this planet has ever known?
- Do the people I love know I love them, or do I just presume they do?
- What would my life be like if I was kinder to myself?
- IfÂ stress is fear, what am I fearful of?
- Will this matter in a few days/weeks/months time?
- What makes me think having more money will make me happier?
- Who can I help?
- Who can help me?
- Is that guy that just cut me up a knob or justÂ attending an emergency?
- Am I loyal?
- Is my cell phone really necessary in the gym?
- What if Iâ€™m wrong?
- Can I let thisÂ grudgeÂ go?
- Is my life moving in the direction I want it to?
- Is that so?
- Is this Life Coach really trying to rip me off with hisÂ free ebook offer?
- Will I feel better tomorrow if I donâ€™t eat that 9th slice of pizza?
- What am I grateful for?
- What am I looking to achieve here?
- If I could achieve one thing is my life, what would it be?
- After the event, will I be happier if I go to the gym or watch TV?
- What am I proud of?
- Do I like myself?
- If I donâ€™t like myself, what can I do to help me realize Iâ€™m truly amazing?
- Do I truly understand that which I hate?
- Could I give more to those that really need it?
- What does my gut instinct say?
- Does the physical appearance of that person really tell me much about them?
- Will another self development book make the difference?
- Is TV news really improving the quality of my life?
- Can I go an entire day without one negative comment?
- Am I 100% responsible for my own life?
- Can I reallyÂ multi-taskÂ or am I just fooling myself?
- Do I fully relax as often as Iâ€™d like?
- If not now, then when?
- If I donâ€™t change now, will I regret it in 5 or 10 years time?
- if I stopÂ comparing myself to others, how will I feel?
- Is it really ok for me to park in that handicap space?
- Am I jumping to conclusions?
- Where is the good in this?
- What is my body telling me?
- Am I setting a great example?
- What am I happiest doing?
- What if I just laughed?
- Will this expensive purchase make me happier in 6 months?
- Do I really need to clean every supermarket trolley handle to avoid premature death?
- Can I chose not to be offended?
- Do I spend enough time with the people that matter most to me?
- Am I honest with myself?
- Is this offer of a life time really the offer of a life time?
- Should IÂ hire a Life Coach?
So whatâ€™s your favorite, or more to the point, have I missed out a real beauty.
Free Ebooks Coming Your Way!
My request for self development ebooks to giveaway to my newsletter readers exceeded my expectations.
As such I can say with confidence that I will be definitely rolling this out next week.
What that means for you, is that if you sign up for my newsletter, you not only get my books on the â€˜50 Greatest Motivational Quotesâ€™Â and â€˜How Do I Set Goals That Work?â€˜, but you also will recieve at least one other free ebook every month. Cool eh?
Reposted with permission from Tim Brownson of A Daring Adventure.