This dynamic workshop focuses on the power of listening alongside the value of understanding your own personality type and those of your audience to better understand work style and communication differences. Discovery-based group activities will help you explore your own personality preferences and learn how those differ from other people. You can immediately apply this knowledge to enhance all of your business and personal relationships.
When you listen in a way that is consistently attentive, authentic and nonjudgmental, you dramatically increase your ability to understand and connect with everyone in your working life.
In this highly interactive, experiential and enjoyable one-day workshop, you will learn an approach to listening that will deliver key benefits for years to come. In addition to powerful skills, tips and techniques, you will have the opportunity to practice and improve your listening. You will receive valuable feedback from your learning partners and the facilitator.
When you leave this workshop, you will have the tools you need to help you achieve the results you want in any conversation.
What You Will Learn:
- A working definition of listening that helps you improve your skills
- How your brain is wired to make listening a challenge (and how to overcome it)
- The most important things to track for listening success
- The kinds of questions that elicit the most information and move results forward
- Strategies for intentional listening
- Characteristics of exceptional listeners
- Lifetime listening practices for ongoing improvement
Who Will Benefit:
Leaders and individual contributors who would like to:
- Get it right the first time
- Improve project completion and quality
- Enhance understanding and improve relationships with staff, colleagues, superiors, clients or anyone else in your life
- Gain the “listening edge” to better connect and engage in every conversation
- Leverage their listening skills to maximize their professional or technical expertise